Saturday, February 7, 2015

UNgraceful Flowers- PROJECT QUILTING Week 3

Well,well,well-what a week!
On January 28th I fell off a ladder. The pain was unbearable and I ended up with an ambulance ride to the ER. I had a fractured pelvis and I have to use crutches. It is hard to sew or quilt on crutches!


I was glad when the challenge came out on Sunday to take my mind off the pain! I had these blocks that I have had since 2004. I had thought I would sew them together to make a doll quilt-but never got around to it.
I cut black squares to add a little contrast.

 Then I quilted it with a pattern called Graceful Flowers.
I appropriately titled it "UNGraceful Flowers".

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Vivian! Love the black, makes the colors pop. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, love what you have done with it! Who wouldn't smile with 2 young men fawning over you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH!!
    This is gorgeous! I totally love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! Ouch! I hope you heal quickly! glad PQ could take your mind of the pain a bit - wonderful job!

    Take care of yourself and stay off those ladders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO!! That's quite a story, but good that you've still got a sense of humor about it. Super cute quilt, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, I hope you feel better. Where are you at in SC?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of your mishap. Get better soon! Lovely quilt and I love the name! Can't believe you can even sit long enough to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! So glad this challenge prompted you to do a bit of art. It's great therapy. The quilt is cute but I'm more impressed that you decided to make it than the piece itself. I hope you heal completely and quickly. www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......