Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015-a year to LIVE

2014 was a strange year. We moved 2 times. We had lived in the same house for 20 years. My boys grew up there,  Trixie is buried in the backyard (don't be alarmed-Trixie was my furbaby),and I started my longarm business there. But things change. My husband's job moved. He only needs a few more years to retire so starting over was not an option. The first house we bought was small  but we loved it. When we bought it we planned on building a garage to have some extra storage -but building in town limits became a challenge. Soooooooooooo.............this larger house with a garage outside of town limits came on the market and long story short-- we bought it.

I have a separate building where I run my longarm business. Moving twice I realized I have so much fabric and I have been destashing it in my Etsy shop. I finally this morning put my design wall up.

I collect vintage curious george fabric. It's hard to find but I like it a lot more than the new fabrics out there. I got this remnant of George and animals on parade
I decided to cut it into strips and let the animals be marching around the edges. I couldn't figure out how to make them all go the same way

And I think I will round the corners
So that's my story and I am sticking to it!

PS- I don't do resolutions but I do pick a WORD for the New Year. I saw my neurosurgeon in June and he told me "Go and live your life". I think that means that the surgery was a success! So my word is LIVE.

1 comment:

  1. Vivian, I've wondered about you, and so glad to hear you are doing better! I had thought at one time you might never get to quilt again. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......