Wednesday, January 9, 2013

where did the holidays go?

Well-for anyone who has kept up with my "freak" medical problems-I had back surgery on Dec 17th. Very risky- but the Doctor told me when he opened me up I was a "ticking time bomb" and they had gotten there just in time. The surgery lasted 14 hours. DH said the Doctor looked "wiped out" when he came out to talk to him. Then 4 days in ICU.  They released me from the hospital Christmas Day. My only problem is that my vocal chords got damaged. I did some research (no caffeine,peppermint, no talking,suck on cough drops) and my voice is coming back! I know a lot of people were praying for me and I believe that's what got me through this!
I haven't felt like sewing-mainly lots of sleeping going on!

 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing and what is going on. I think about you often and pray for a full recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that 2013 will be much kinder to you and everyone else. The end of 2012 was a kicker. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are in good spirits. Rest and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been and still are praying for an uneventful recovery for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope you are finally out of pain. My brother had thyroid surgery and it damaged his vocal chords as well. His voice is deep and husky and pretty sexy now!!!
    Wishes for a speedy recovery!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ww, so sorry to hear about that ordeal... 14 hours! I sure hope this year is better for you.

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......