Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jelly toast

I remember as a kid eating jelly toast. First I'd put butter on the toast and then spread the jelly. Not jam-I didn't like jam -only jelly. Especially blackberry jelly my Granny made. We would have to pick those blackberries for her to make the jelly. When I think of blackberries I think of thorns and snakes -you'd always get cut and usually see a snake! This is my newest quilt called Jelly Toast.
It has been so much fun to make! Thankfully my helper showed up to listen out for problems with the long arm! Good job Cherry!
One other  thing----5 days in a row- the number of days I have rode my bicycle! I have my annual phsyical  checkup coming up and I don't want to be scolded!

5 comments:

  1. It's so nice when the quilts we work on bring back childhood memories! I also remember toast and jelly. As a young mother I lived in east Texas, where Dewberries (a variant of the blackberry) grew. I took my boys berry picking every year. We didn't see snakes, but we often got chiggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda- Chiggers are worse than snakes! All us grandkids would go picking and usually the snakes ran!

      Delete
  2. What a fun quilt...

    good luck with the physical activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt!! I had to laugh when I read your post. I have 10 days in on brisk walking, my check up is next month. I will be pulling my bike out next week. I hope all goes well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......