Wednesday, March 7, 2012

California here we come!

I have been glued to the computer for the last couple of days planning our vacation. We are celebrating 30 years of marital bliss in August and DH thought we should go on a trip. We decided(I decided -he's just going along with it!) to drive Highway 1 down the coast of California. Usually I am a "wing-it" type of traveler but I realized that we are going during peak tourist season and unless we wanted to sleep in the car we better get hotel reservations! All done! Can't wait!
The only other time I have been to California I got pulled over by the Highway Patrol. My Mom was with me and she was navigating. She said turn left and I did- unfortunately it was an illegal left turn! The cop walked up to the window and I immediately admitted my mistake.
 He looked shocked and said,"Lady where  are you from?"
I do have an accent! I said South Carolina.
He just laughed and said "Don't do that again!"
Just got this HUGE quilt loaded so the rest of the day is planned for me!
The UPS man just brought me my fabric. Aren't these solids yummy?
Better get back to quilting- Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 30 years!!!
    Have fun on your vacation, and NO fast turns, haha. The quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! We're not quite there but hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now to August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 30 years!!!

    That quilt is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love your drive! We did that a couple of years ago. (My son and his family live in California.) Just watch those left turns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you - both for a 30 year anniversary and that you get to take a special trip. It sounds wonderful!
    I love the quilt you have pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 30 mark! Not many make it that far. Together, anyway.

    We are celebrating 40 this August with a trip to Las Vegas! We don't gamble much, other than losing my quarters in a couple of slots. We hike. Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, to name a few.

    With my knee, this year we may not be hiking so much!

    glen

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......