Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scaring children in the grocery store.......

I have had this "mole" on my cheek for 25 years. My dermatologist decided it needed to be removed and set me up a surgery appointment. No big deal! Wrong!  The surgeon had to take a 4" incision on my cheek so it wouldn't show after it healed. He basically cut the mole out and then stretched my skin and stitched it up. That was 2 days ago-I finally feel like getting up off the couch ! Anyway, I will survive! This is what I'm working on today-
I've almost got it stabilized and then the fun quilting starts! Also running this top I got off Ebay  years ago-
It's huge so I am running the pattern pretty big.  

12 comments:

  1. Sorry about your little owee! Beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful quilting.
    Hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...so sorry about the mole....glad you are up and working on such fun things,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your feeling better, nice quiting , and awaiting to see your backgronds on the applique!
    Was I seeng things, thought there was a purple quilt on post before!!!!!Maybe need new glasses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful applique! Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting is so beautiful! I am glad you are better. I have a "beauty spot" on my chin I have been asking my dermotologist to take off for years, he says, too much trouble. I guess that is what he means......

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes...that sounds painful. YOur quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you feel better soon. had one taken off my arm that was ulcky. glad it is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your surgery but glad you are feeling better. Beautiful quilting as always and I can't wait to see what you do with the applique quilt. Is it yours or a customer quilt?? I wouldn't want to give that one back if it belonged to a customer. Have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your feeling better. Ouch!!
    Can wait to see how you quilt the applique. Are you giving out hints??? As always it will be beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better. Lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Question? What do you do to stabilize? Is it just stitching down the edges or do you do more than that?

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......