Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What happened to Spring?

Thanks to the cold wet weather I have been able to quilt and hold off on the yard work!
This was done on Saturday. It's an Ebay top that I have had for a long time. It was hand pieced. I carried it to my quilt meeting last night because I needed some ideas about the binding. They said a black and white stripe or dot would make it "pop" a little. I am determined to shop my stash and I found picked this black and white check.
I think it will do nicely! My other quilting has been a baby quilt. Two of the guys wives that  my husband works with are expecting baby girls. So Ta Da..........
Looks like we may get some sunshine today so I guess it's back to the yard for me! Hope you have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. The lucky mothers to be who get the pink quilts will be thrilled. And you did an outstanding job on the ebay quilt! You did beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute baby quilt. The baby is too cute!! Love your swirls too. Is that free hand or a panto? I wish I could send you some of our warm sunshine. We skipped spring and went straight into summer, although it is a little cooler this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that trip around the world quilt. Enjoy your yard work...if you get to. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute, love the hair!!!
    So what'ya got hiding behind?????
    Are those leaves from the garden?
    Happy quilting and gardening, I will have to do the same soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby quilt is adorable. Good for you shopping in your stash I'm trying to do the same so far it has been working. Love the quilting on the ebay quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is wonderful! Always such nice work. I love the eBay top! What a find that was!

    We were at 80 degrees end of lady week!

    Glen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does my iPad do weird things like that? Lady week??? It should have bee LAST week

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......