Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunbonnet Sue and Trixie's new wheels

One of my friends found these blocks in an old trunk. The workmanship is excellent. She wants a quilt made. I found had the green (for sashing and borders) and the pink (backing) . The blocks were wrapped in newspaper that was dated in the 1930's.
If you've followed my blog you know I rescued Trixie 3 years ago and we don't know her age but she is old! Several nights a week I go walking with a friend and there is no way Trixie can keep up. I tried to carry her-but carrying a 16 pound dog around for an hour made my back hurt. My other dog Katie goes because she needs the exercise. I tried to leave Trixie at home with DH but she got upset-it didn't help that he turned the stove on and the smoke detector went off! So I bought this dog stroller. We had our maiden voyage on Thursday night and she LOVED it.
------
Saturday I helped several ladies get a short-arm or mid-arm ( I don't know which) up and running. A lady donated it to their church group to do charity quilting on. It's called a Stretch and looks like a featherweight that the throat space has been stretched. The lady who donated it had never used it. We got it running but it needs a little TLC. Hopefully it will work out for them.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute idea - a doggie stroller. The things we do for our kids I mean pets... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been doing a lot of walking around the lake here (we are on vacation in Phoenix) and I have seen 2 or 3 people with doggie strollers! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I remember these little sunbonnet babies from some old things my grandma had. I think they were on pot holders. Love them !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun stroller for your dog! That quilting machine sounds interesting. Did you mean that it looks like a vintage singer featherweight, but with a longer reach? Those blocks will certainly make a lovely vintage quilt. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy- the Stretch had the scroll work like the vintage featherweight machine but the throat was extended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting is that new machine?!!! And the stroller is a wonderful idea. I see lots of them at the dog shows.

    Glen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been a busy gal, love the UFOs, I feel like I am at a stand still, so, keep going, it gives me a little incentive to continue. Trixie should be in heaven when she goes out now for walks, I see a women who lives down the street, she carries her dog in her arms and the golden is on the leash, she should get a stroller also. Doubt if they have them here!!

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......