Saturday, October 23, 2010

SC State Fair win

My customer e-mailed me that her quilt, that I quilted, had won the blue ribbon for Best Stitching at the state fair. We went over this morning and took a pic of it. It really looks good hanging! Way to go Duane! the SC State fair doesn't allow professional quilters to enter. I have entered in the past and I did notice other professional quilters had entered this year. I personally think until they UP the prize money-a blue ribbon wins $20- that it really is no big deal! If I had a quilt I would enter it just because my kids go and always call me and say "where is your quilt ?" So maybe next year I will enter! that's a goal.............and I need one!!
---

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I am getting ready for some Clemson football!

4 comments:

  1. It just doesn't get any better than that.....Congrats for such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious??? That is fabulous! Congratulations. You really do nice work and now you have the win to prove it!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Now you need to enter one of your own quilts. I See ribbons in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V ~ thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your kind comments about my zig-zag quilt. I'm really enjoying the Quilter's Festival too!

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......