Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Goodies!

Our guild had it's annual member sale yesterday. I took bags and bags of my fabric and sold a good bit. :) Then I carried the rest over to my Mom's guild who will shop it today. I DON'T want to be the next Hoarder-so I am working hard to de-clutter! I was so engaged in my own selling that I didn't get to look at the other tables much, but I did spy this little machine from across the room. While I was packing my car the member came out with the machine-it didn't sell. I asked her the price and it was VERY reasonable. So the little fellow came home with me. I had tons of things I could have done last night but instead I pulled out my scraps and started making these crazy blocks.
It sews like a dream!! Woohoo!
---
Today, back to reality and to work! I have a gorgeous quilt to work on-I'll post pics later. Have a great Wednesday.........

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love finds like this??? I got a machine a little while back that sews just awesome VERY cheap!! LOVE IT! Oh and you crazy blocks look great! :0)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love machines and love love to find them at garage sales....no garage saling for me for a few years but soon, very soon I will get back into the swing of things.... What a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better watch it or I will become a sewing machine hoarder!! Lucky for me DH is out of town so I didn't even have to SNEAK it in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when a vintage machine works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went back and enlarged the photo and now I see it is a 301 Singer with a slant needle! Wow that is the featherweights big sister. It should sew a wonderful seam. You'll like it for pieceing, for sure especially if you have the seam gauge. It uses the same bobbins as the featherweight 221.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have a 301. I use a 221 to piece and the 301 for all my quilting. The last quilt I quilted on it, won first prize at 3 of the local fall fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know that this machine does fabulous free motion?

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......