Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Working Wednesday


This is the quilt I am working on today. This is the first time I am combining freehand with computerized quilting. YEAH! Isn't this block cute! It's called YingYang flower. The border is freehand-I am not ready to do computerized borders on customer quilts! It's a learning process that I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to learn. I had planned to take the month of August off to practice borders and blocks with the computer-but today is September 1 and that didn't happen! I guess I didn't say what year-maybe I meant 2011.  Now to go and put a swirl in the red flower.
This is my mother-Margaret. We have started doing trunkshows together. Tomorrow we are off to Florence, SC to visit a guild there. This should be a lot of fun!! If you are local and are interested I put a link on my sidebar telling about our programs.

4 comments:

  1. Yellow & blue combo. I like the addition of the appliqued vine. A very good quilt. Always good to see what you have in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt was very well pieced. I too love yellow and blue quilts! Reminds me of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo. Beautiful quilt-work, Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting. I also wanted to say what a wonderful trunk show you gave at the Swamp Fox Quilters Guild in Florence. The quilts were wonderful as well as the stories that went with them. You and your mother did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......