Thursday, September 30, 2010

2 quilts done before 2

I must be sick! It's just 2pm and I have quilted 2 quilts!! If the truth be told....I had an electrician in the house all morning trying to figure out why my stove would not work. So I was very productive! We haven't had a stove for over 2 weeks-it gets old cooking on a hotplate! He got it working -Yeah!
I think I am missing a gene. Everyone is so excited about going on retreat and sewing all weekend, and taking classes-not me. In the fall my Saturdays are filled with working in the yard or watching college football. I get some mindless sewing out  and turn up the game and I'm happy! Last weekend I pieced a top for my son who is deployed. Hopefully I will get it quilted soon!
Now to go play with the stove..............

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Living with a stove would be a bad thing around my house. I could do without the oven, probably for a while, but the burners? No way. Glad it's working. That quilt picture reminds me of a very old quilt, but I can't put my finger on why or which quilt or where I saw it. It's lovely. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, during the summer I cook on electric, I hate it and can't wait until the autumn when I can turn on my AGA.....We've had the big turn on....I love my Aga....and my kitchen is so warm and cosy....enjoy your stove!

    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you at retreat. I bet your husband was at drill, nice pieceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......