Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Breaking News.....

Don't you love it that the cable news channels have Breaking News every hour. It's like the boy crying "wolf"-if anything crucial really happened nobody would pay attention ! Well this is my breaking news. DH said I finally made a ugly quilt. He's like a lot of husbands who robotically respond "that's nice". Not this time!! He does not like this one!
Maybe it's the coins on the bottom! My friend and I  decided to take belly dancing to lose weight a couple years ago. We got a little concerned when the instructor came in and was very overweight.  First couple times went ok -then she polled the class about performing for senior citizen groups and at festivals. My friend and I voted NO, but we were outvoted by the other much younger ladies. So the class went from learning moves to perfecting your stage presence. So this is my belly dancing what ever you call it! At least I recycled it!
We had our guild board meeting today at Hancock's Fabrics and they had a table with fabric marked down to $.99. This is what followed me home!

6 comments:

  1. Well, at least you know now that he will be honest with you.

    found humor in your story, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Barb! It sounds like you agree with him!! A quilt only its maker could love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful feathers Vivian...????

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing with feathers like that can be ugly!
    Belly dancing - you are a brave woman.
    Love the bargain fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you guys like those feathers! They look better in person-I'm a little rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well at least you can get a good laugh when ever you look at this quilt. Very brave of you to try belling dancing.

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......