Thursday, May 27, 2010

It all worked out...

I was asked to make a quilt to donate to an auction. I made the quilt and called to let them know it was ready and was told it would be picked up. They never came to get it. I was a little hurt at first but now I know that quilt had a different purpose. This morning an elderly customer called me to do a quilt for his sister. This wonderful man had lost his wife of many years 6 months ago. I asked him how it was going and he said "I'm struggling". This man loves butterfly quilts and at that instant I knew my quilt had a home! I met him and gave him the quilt and we were both overcome with emotion. Also all the hurt I was feeling vanished -my quilt has a great home!! God bless you Alvin and thanks for being my friend.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes thing happen for a reason...it's always nice when we find out why. Your quilt...and it is gorgeous found its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God does work in mysterious ways. Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! I am continually amazed at how God uses a hobby like quilting to heal and show His love!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard it said get out of the way and let God handle it-and he always does!! thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little story brought tears to my eyes. What a lovely ending to the story though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really special. Don't be hurt - non quilters have no idea what all you put into that piece. They may even see it as work and not love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been "hurt" over quilts as well but I've also been "blessed" by them as well. So glad your story had such a happy ending. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......