Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dance the night away......




Went to a beautiful wedding tonight. The ceremony was at a lovely church and the reception was at the Lace House. the Lace House was restored by our Governor's ex-wife and is used for weddings and parties. It is a beautiful old home-I just loved all the details. I had never been to the Governor's mansion-but what we could see the grounds were beautiful. The food was good, the band was great and we saw some good friends. A great way to spend the evening.
------
On the quilting front I have been VERY busy. I will take some pics tomorrow of what I have done. I think I have come up with a way to use up my stash--and boy do I have a stash!! busy,busy,busy......
------
Do you remember the time you looked in the mirror and realized you had turned into your Mother? I was standing by a guest at the wedding and we were both fixing our hair and she said,"who invited my mother to this?'. I can see it in my hands. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful Wedding. Funny how certain special occasions make us reflect on where we are in life. Most of us are right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful place, I had avoiding cutting my hair short for years because I didn't want to look like my mother (yet), but broke down and cut it just a bit, a couple of years ago, my sister just laughed and said "you like like Mom!" had to happen sooner or latter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very right Marj-I just wonder where the time went. Seems like every week it's friday really quick! I want to just slow down and enjoy everything! In comparison to most i do live a slower life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only am I looking more like my mom but her words are coming out of my mouth. You are right....the days are passing much too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......