Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy happy adoption day!

It has been 2 years since I adopted Trixie from the pound! As you can see from the first picture she was a thrown away dog. Someone had dropped her off at the pound in these cages they have at the entrance just for that purpose. The second picture was taken today-she looks a whole lot different! I had a friend who saw her the first day I got her and then didn't see her again for a year. She didn't think it was the same dog! She said "That's what a lot of love will do". I said "yeah and a lot of liver!". I feed her liver every day. In fact I buy so much liver that a Wal-mart cashier asked me if I was that lady that bought the liver for her dogs. She didn't say "crazy lady" but I got the message! When I buy it I always buy about 20 packs at a time. We can't run outta liver!
----------------------------------------
The quilt pic is a pic I took at the Pickens quilt show last week. My Mom wanted to go so we rode up there. It was a nice show. I have been quilting a lot of customer quilts lately! DH and DS will be coming home from the "war" in about 2 weeks-YEAH!! Gotta get these customer quilts done so I can relax!










6 comments:

  1. awww What a sweetie.I used to buy pounds of liver for my dogs.Havent done that in awhile as hubby gets sick from the smell. Maybe I will do that again when he leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the smell either!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trixie is doing so well with your care! Nice kaleidoscope quilt too. It must have been a fun show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a nice show-lots of hand quilting-which is what my Mom does so she was Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vivian! Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my post about my Tumbling Blocks block from my hand pieced sampler. I think Trixie is absolutely adorable and I think she's very lucky that you've been her mum for the past 2 years. I've never given my dog liver though, the smell...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cutie! As my vet tells my dogs she is the luckiest dog in the world! Great news about your men! Bet you can't wait! Nice quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......