Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday

I have been working on painting my bedroom. I hired someone to do the downstairs -but I decided to tackle the upstairs. Wow-the room had never been painted and it is drinking the paint! I need to get it done by the middle of August. That seems like a long way off -but next week I go to Knoxville for a couple days and I still have quilts I have to do. Hopefully my DS will help this weekend and we can get a lot done! He pulled the carpet up and the floor is hardwood that has never been painted or stained. I am going to try to clean it and seal it. Once you start a project -it seems to multply. I was being careful not to get paint on the old carpet -when I thought -this carpet is at least 20 years old. It's gotta go!
This is my business card. When I turned 50 I decided I needed to start using my more "grown-up" name which is my real name Vivian. I've only got about 500 more of these cards to pass out before I change the name! When I was working at the nuclear plant I worked on the same team with a lady named Vivian-so it was just easier to go by Vickie. have you ever checked your name to see if it's a registered domain name? Both vickieperry.com and vivianperry.com are taken. One is a real estate agent in Alaska and the other is a singer!

This is my bag that I use for customer quilts. It's my way of being "green" and everyone seems to like them. The embroidery is done by Kira at All Creation. She is such a nice and fun person to be around. she also does a great job on the bags


This is a big and beautiful quilt that my customers grandmother pieced. I love the colors-it seems so happy!

























4 comments:

  1. Your new business card looks good. I just finished painting my quilting area and I love how fresh & clean it looks when finished. Good luck with your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see any problem with the name Vickie. It's pretty normal to me.

    Liz

    frogquilter@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not that I don't like Vickie-Vivian just seems a little more mature! But since I don't usually act very mature I guess it really doesn't matter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to paint things around here, but a lot of it is paneling and I'm not sure it would look right. my sewing/computer room would definately look better in a more inspiring color.

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......