Saturday, June 20, 2009

Time flies when you are having fun!!

This is me and my son who has been home on r&r from Afghanistan. He has 5 more months and then he will be home for awhile. He is in the SC National Guard. They are scheduled to go back in 2013---but we are praying that this war will be over..... one way or the other! We had gone out to eat lunch and spend some time together.

I have a quilt on the frame that I need to get off today! Things are slowing down a little--that is a good thing because I have LOTS of yard work and housework that needs to get done. And I would like to enjoy the summer too!









4 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying your time with your son, while he is home for R&R from Afghanastan. Please thank him for me, as I do appreciate what he is doing. And I thank you, for raising such a fine young man!

    Best Wishes. And hope those 5 months go by quickly. I can't wait to read he is home for good and this war is over.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your son thank you for what he does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! It's hard to send him back but I know a lot of people are thinking and praying for him and all the troops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vivian, thanks for becoming a follower of by blog :o) What a super lad you have there - I'm praying too that the war will be over very soon and I can see how it would be hard to send him back. Give him a big hug from me from across the pond :o)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

What my friends are saying.......